Zapalac/Reed offers superior construction services, which can be contracted and tailored to suit the needs of our client. Several options we provide are as follows.
- Lump Sum General Contracts: we continually performs under this delivery method.
- Guaranteed Maximum Return/Share of Savings Contracts: works with a team concept to project costs and economize building methods.
- Cost Plus a Fee Contracts: performs work on an open ended contract arrangement when a scope of work has not been completely defined or can not be completely defined before the work is to start. In those cases, we have agreed to a fee structure, unit pricing and in some instances, general conditions and then complete the work desired.
- Design/Build Single-Source Contracts: typically gets contracted on a design/build basis for Owners that are looking for a single point of control on a project. We perform these services for manufacturing, distribution, technology and warehouse facilities.
- Construction Management (CM) at Risk Services: also offers superior special construction services, which include the following:
- Preconstruction Purchasing, Estimating, and Scheduling Services for a Fee: uses our most experienced personnel to accomplish our preconstruction activities. Our process concludes as the following:
Zapalac/Reed recognizes our people to be our most valuable resource, and we are committed to their safety and well-being. Our commitment to the safety and protection of our employees equals our commitment to excellence and quality of construction. We look to our safety consultant for ongoing education and review of our job sites and procedures to ensure we implement the most up-to-date processes and standards. Our safety investments ultimately result in cost savings for Zapalac/Reed and therefore our clients.
Over sixty percent of Zapalac/Reed’s staff are LEED Accredited Professionals experienced in achieving LEED Certification, which 7 out of 10 clients desire. Our LEED experience encompasses not only construction but also preconstruction consulting. Our knowledge of green building materials have resulted in LEED Gold, Silver and successful projects in the Austin Green Building Certification programs.
SELF PERFORMED WORK
Zapalac/Reed maintains an hourly workforce to perform structural earthwork, site concrete, structural concrete, architectural concrete, and carpentry. In many instances, our self-performed work sets the pace for the critical path on our projects. We are known for aggressive schedules while maintaining superior quality.
BIM/REVIT - Zapalac/Reed is familiar with BIM/Revit applications and are participating in projects that are using this technology.
HUB/MBE/WBE - Zapalac/Reed encourages the involvement of HUB, minority- and women-owned firms on all of our projects.